Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where has the time gone? PROM 2012

Dusty and his best friend Austin




Wow, my baby is just a few weeks shy of 18!!!!!!  He went to prom this weekend and it was, for me, a bittersweet feeling.  He's on his way to be a man.  (As I type, he is asking for  a check for lunch)  LOL.
It's hard to believe that just what seems to be a short time ago I was handed a 6 lb, 14 1/2 oz baby boy and now he's going to prom!!   He has grown so much (no pun intended)  He doesn't need me to kiss his boo boo's and he doesn't come running up to me with a giant smile and wide eyes to show me something icky.  Gone are the days of hearing "mommy rock"  or "hold me. I sad"   My baby is a man, almost a full grown man.  It can't be true, I can't see past the tears flowing down my cheeks, my tiny baby boy is a man.

BUT...........he still needs that check.  LOL.

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

He is SO handsome:) I'm so proud of Dusty! And it is super hard to believe they are growing up...just wait until he gets married!!!!!!!!