Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things to come to grips with: spring'09

1) I am NOT in my twenties ANYMORE.

2) I am far enough out of my twenties to realise it without being told by a twenty-something.

3) There is NOTHING WRONG with 35 being just around the corner (lurking at and taunting me!)

4) I have a teenage son that will be wanting his learners driving permit next year!

5) I have a son who is not even 2 yet!

6) I own a mini van (well, it is a cool looking one)

7) OH, GOSH, I think my mini van is cool looking!!!!!!!?????

8) I can not have bleached blond hair on the top and brown hair on the bottom.

9) I can have dark brown on bottom and a medium reddish brown on top.

10) I cannot shop in the "sections of the stores that actually have mannequins"

11) I must go to the back of the store.

12) Gap, Banana Republic, Abercrombie, rue 21 and Old Navy are not my friends. (it's a long list)

13) I color my hair to mask grays and not for fun.

14) My BABY nephew is in the Reserves !!!! " WHAT???? "

15)I sold a car to my other BABY nephew! (when did they grow up)

3 comments:

Kim West said...

Girl, you need a vacation! You know what they say, "An idle mind is the devils playground". Someone's had a little too much time on her hands lately... I call INTERVENTION, so get your butt up here so we can go to the flea market!

Love you,

Kim (& family)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I know how you feel...I will be 46 this summer...46! I am almost 50 years old! Try that one on for size!

Nora Glenys said...

I agree with Kim West you have too much time on your hands and to Kim Byrd, your not almost 50. I'm almost 50 and I hadn't even thought about it until I read this. Way to go Vicky. Thanks for making us all take time to think about our age.