Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long trip home

We arrived back home from Oklahoma last night around 11:30pm. Momma Dee's service was very nice. I wish my friend didn't live so far it was hard to say goodbye. Big Bobby (Kim's dad) was the hardest to leave. He had really only 5 words that he said to me most of the time when we were kids "don't you ever go home?" No, I never did. This family has meant so much to me over the past 20 years and it is very sad to see one of us gone. I know that out of all the love and all the memories I can still laugh and love her as if she was still sitting next to me.
Good bye for now Momma Dee, 'till we meet again, I love you.


All this has made me really think about who I am not just obvious things about me but what's really inside? It's hard to really look in the mirror.

I pray that the Lord will open my heart to be the Godly Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother and Friend that He intended me to be.

3 comments:

Morris' said...

We are so glad ya'll were there and helped with the first few days. Ya'll are all in our prayers. I just thought I glad you were this close and not in Az. already. Kim need you. What a amazing friend you are.

Kim West said...

This is true. It was a blessing that God worked out a delay in your moving to AZ quite possibly for this purpose. You made it a little more bearable to get through this time (and times to come). And yes, it makes you think a lot about you're own relationship with parents, and especially with God. Remember what I said, "it's just stuff". I love you dearly and thank you so much for being there when I needed you.

Kim

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are a very Godly friend, wife and mother. I am so thankful you were there for them. I know Kim will never forget your presence.